“Architecture offers a lifetime of growth and inspiration. It is a physical expression of the dreams and ambitions of mankind. As architects, we reveal what we think about life and society and our design responsibility is immense if we aim to leave a legacy of value.”
In designing buildings we become familiar with the workings of those businesses and industries and have designed head office buidlings, retail centres, private homes, apartment buildings, warehousing, motor showrooms, golf clubhouses and retirement villages. We have spent valuable time with retailers anticipating how their centres will be supported. Hoteliers have given us insight into their functionality. Through working with Logistics Engineers, we have gained knowledge of the flows and requirements for large distribution warehouses.
The practice is a true mixed-use design specialist and has the broadest design experience in many building types, which enables a holistic view of architectural design.
AMA Architects is currently involved with the prestigious Sandton SKYE Residential Towers and Hotel Development in Stan Road Sandton, which is a stand out development.
• SA Head Office for Volkswagen Group South Africa - 14 000m², Patricia Road Head Office Park (2011)
• Head Office Building for China Construction Bank - 5 000m², Grayston Drive Sandton (2009)
• Safika Head Offices - 4 000m², Houghton (2009)
• Head Office building for Goldfields - 3 500m², Helen Road (2009)
• Spoornet NOC for Eskom Pension Fund - 12 000m², Parktown
• Head Office Building for NBC - 12 000m2, Rivonia Road Sandton (2000)
• Altech - 2 500m², Houghton South Africa (2001)
• Head Office for the Macsteel Group - 3 000m², Rivonia Road Sandton (1999)
• Head Office for Board of Executors - 3 000m², Rivonia Road Sandton (1999)
• Z-Mart - 10 000m², Ndola Zambia
• Riverwalk Shopping Centre - Three Rivers, Vereeniging
• Raslouw Value Centre - 12 600m², Pretoria (2008)
• Lifestyle Crossing - 22 000m², West Rand (2007)
• Retail Crossing Shopping Centre - The 30 000m², West Rand (2006)
• Retail Park - 27 000m², North Rand Road Boksburg (2005)
AMA Architects are at the forefront of the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) software, enabling us to deliver designs on time and within budget. BIM enables the client to fully grasp the project from the earliest concept to the most complex detail of their unique project.
Presentations are vitally important. Communicating a vision from the abstract to the level of acceptance is vital to the buy-in and promotion of the architecture.
Our best communication ranges from hand sketches through to the most polished 3D renderings & animations using the latest software.
From vision to reality